RESPONSIBLE TOURISM NEWS April 2010
1. 4th International Conference on Responsible Tourism in Destinations
Muscat, Oman 10-12 October 2010.
The 4th International Conference on Responsible Tourism in Destinations has four themes
1. Tourism, Livelihoods, Local Economic Development and Human Resources
2. Responsible Tourism in a World of Finite Resources
3. The Responsible Tourist, Tangible and Intangible Heritage
4. Responsible Destinations and Marketing
Full details of the conference are on the conference website www.rtd4.om
The programme has been planned to include time for presentations and discussion. Speakers include Adama Bah, Susanne Becken, Amina Al Balushi, Xavier Font, Harold Goodwin, Heidi Keyser, Wael Al Lawati, Nombulelo Mfeka, Dr Venu, Dr Daeid de Villiers.
The 10th of October is dedicated to presentation and discussion of reports from international delegates on progress in implementing Responsible Tourism since RTD3 in Belize.
For details of the reports and papers being presented see the programme.
Original theoretical and applied research by academics and researchers on the four themes of the Conference will be presented and discussed.
If you would like to present a paper or speak on one of these themes please send an email to email@example.com with personal information and an abstract of your paper or report
Registration is now open. To register and for more details of the conference go to www.rtd4.om and http://haroldgoodwin.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2010/4/28/4515832.html
2. Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Awards launched 23 April. Spread the word and make you nominations. More information at http://haroldgoodwin.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2010/4/20/4510051.html
3. In September 2010 the MSc in Responsible Tourism Management is launching in Bhopal, India and The Gambia as well as enrolling students in Leeds for more information www.icrtourism.org/contact.asp
4. ICRT Conference on Marketing Responsible Tourism Leeds 21 June 2010
5. Report of ICRT Responsible Cruising Conference
For more information about the International Centre for Responsible Tourism visit